Good morning Year 2, are you ready for your Thursday activities? First, we would like you to read a book. Next, we would like you to write a story as a family. You will need to use lots of interesting vocabulary. Watch this video https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zf6c47h to remind yourself what describing words (adjectives) are. Next, follow the online lessons to complete your own adventure story.
After that, can you get creative and make a sock puppet? Can you write instructions, so family and friends can make a sock puppet?
Then, we would like you to follow the online lesson to find out about cities, towns and villages. https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zks4ydm
Here are some words to help you describe villages, towns and cities.
- Cathedral – a place of worship, often a large building.
- Factory – a building where goods are built or made.
- Farm – an area of land and buildings where animals are kept or crops are grown.
- Harbour – a place close to water where boats may shelter from bad weather or be stored.
- House – a building where people live.
- Museum – a place people can visit to learn about the past and see objects from the past.
- Office – a room or building where people work.
- Port – a place on the land close to water where boats or ships can come to load or unload goods or people.
- Railway – tracks built for trains to travel on.
- Road – a wide path built for vehicles to travel on.
- Shop – a building where goods are sold.
Finally, listen to some music and relax after your very busy day!