15/12/20 Home learning in 3KT

Good morning everyone. I hope that you are all ok, have had a good nights sleep and are ready for another day of home learning. I’m really looking forward to seeing you all on our google meets today.

To get us warmed up and ready for the day ahead we are going to start with some Christmas yoga.

After yoga I would like you to watch the following video clip. You may recognise it as it was a very famous magical Christmas advert from a few years ago.

In the video none of the characters talk, so I would therefore like you to write a conversation between the bear and the hare at the end of the story. What do you think that the bear would say to the hare once he recieves the present and sees the beautiful Christmas tree? Also think about what the hare would say back to the bear too.

This term we have been thinking all about speech punctuation, so I want you to try and use it in your writing. Below are some links all about the rules when using inverted commas.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zvwwxnb/articles/ztcp97h

After your writing task I would like you to complete the equivalent fractions sheet from your just in case pack 2.

Here is a video clip from a very young talented teacher all about equivalent fractions.

Finally to end the morning I would like you to complete the reading comprehension in your just in case pack 2 all about fidget spinners.

In the afternoon I would like you to log onto Myon and find the following book:

On each page you need to find a number of different objects or people. I really enjoyed trying to spot them all. I hope you do too.

Don’t forget to show your grown ups at home our class Christmas message on the blog and also have a look at what each class have posted too. They are all absolutely brilliant.

Have a fantastic day everyone and keep smiling.

Mrs Kershaw and Mrs Rogers.