Thank you again for your continued support as we face the daily challenges that COVID is presenting us with. I am so impressed with how resilient your children have been, they are a real credit to you.
You will know that several of our ‘bubbles’ have recently closed due to confirmed COVID cases and children and teachers then have to begin Home Learning for 2 weeks, following advice from Public Health England. We are using a mixture of our school blog, class email and Google Meet to provide learning. For families who may not have a device to support Home Learning, we are able to lend a school laptop. We have been really impressed with how well most of our children have been able to access and engage in this new way of learning. Thank you for your support.
There is no new advice or plan being issued to schools at the moment, or expected in the near future, so this way of working, including the staggered start and end of day times will continue into the New Year.
Thinking forward to Christmas, that will look very different to how it usually does. Sadly, we will be unable to present an Early Years Nativity Show, singing concerts or our amazing Winter Fair. We will, however, still make it a special time for the children and staff with the following being planned –
- A letter regarding Christmas Lunch will follow – this will be free for everyone this year in their classrooms
- Classes will be posting a festive Christmas message on the blog for you to enjoy at home
- We will be hosting a virtual visit from one of Santa’s special helpers!
- Each class will have a festive Forest School experience
- Christmas jumper day (for Save the Children) on December 11th
- Panto afternoon – children will watch a pantomime on the screen in their classrooms
We will have an early finish on the last day of term – Friday 18th December. Please collect;
- Years 5 & 6 at 1pm (any younger siblings can also be collected at this time)
- Years 3 & 4 at 1.10pm (any younger siblings can also be collected at this time)
- Year 1 & 2 at 1.20pm (any younger siblings can also be collected at this time)
- EYFS at 1.25pm