Good morning everyone. Here is your story for today.
Now answer these questions about the story
- Who is the Little Red Hen friends with?
- What did the Little Red Hen plant?
- What did the Little Red Hen’s friends say when she asked them to help her?
- Where did the Little Red Hen go to, to make the wheat into flour?
- Why do you think the Little Red Hen ate the bread all by herself? Was she right to do this? Why do you think that?
Now try making some bread with this recipe or find your own recipe. I have used this recipe lots of times and it’s really easy and quick!
- 250g/9oz plain wholemeal flour
- 250g/9oz plain white flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 420ml/15fl oz buttermilk
- extra flour for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- In a large bowl, mix together the two types of flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- Add the buttermilk and mix until a sticky dough forms.
- Lightly flour a work surface and tip the dough onto it.
- Gently roll and fold the dough a couple of times to bring the mixture together. Do not knead.
- Shape the dough into a ball. Flatten the ball gently with your hand. Score the dough with a deep cross dividing it into quarters. Dust the bread with flour.
- Place onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment and bake for 30 minutes at 200C/400F/Gas 6. The loaf should be golden-brown.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack. This is best eaten on the day of baking.
Here is today’s squiggle video. Today we are practising curly caterpillar letters again.