Art week!

Good morning Year 3,

This week we are going to be exploring the work of famous artists and creating some fabulous art pieces of our own. Here is the timetable for the week.

We would like you to start the day by practicing your handwriting. Warm your hands up and have a go at writing today’s date 5 times in your neatest cursive handwriting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2tBH_XyeJc

Next I would like you to read a book. At the moment I am reading a book called The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse by Charlie Mackesy. It is all about kindness, bravery and friendship.

For today’s maths challenge we are going to be looking at time. Can you tell what time these clocks are showing (here is a song to remind you of how we tell the time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6RNkQ7lU8Y&t=224s ).

For this week’s computing challenge I want you to use a search engine to find facts about a famous artist. The artist I want you to research is Pablo Picasso. First type into the search engine: Pablo Picasso facts for kids. Can you use these facts to create a fact file? Extra challenge- Can you use your facts to create a Power Point about Pablo Picasso? Remember to stay safe online, if you see something which doesn’t seem right, flip the lid and tell a grown up.

For today’s art challenge I want you to create a self-portrait (a drawing of yourself) in the style of Pablo Picasso. Here is a step-by-step tutorial of how to draw in the style of Pablo Picasso. Remember down press down too hard with your pencil. If your press lightly, you can easily erase any mistakes.

and here are some pictures for inspiration…

For your wellbeing afternoon we would like you to put some calming music on and take your pencil for a walk.

We hope you have a wonderful day Year 3 and remember to send in your art work so they can be displayed in the gallery (on the blog!). Send your pictures to year3@bowkervale.manchester.sch.uk

Miss Smith and Mrs Kershaw