Sudden Tension by Aliza

Sudden Tension…
Dad drove the car into the tunnel. Strange, I thought, that there was not the usual lights overhead. Dad flicked the full beam on; we were the only vehicle in there. Staring out of the window, I noticed the tunnel walls were glistening with a viscous matter. Despite the heater being on full blast, the car felt suddenly chilly. The pin-prick of light in the distance, told me we would soon be out, but I still felt uneasy. I gulped and looked at dad; his knuckles were painfully white, as he gripped the steering wheel tightly. Something ¬†was not quite right…and when we finally emerged from the far end and looked around, we knew what it was…
My heart throbbed heavily in my chest . I could not except the truth that my worst thoughts had formed a reality. Was this the way my life was going to end? The muscular figure wore black canvas, but I could clearly see his sinister grin.
All of a sudden, my dad slammed the door shut and his eyes locked the enemy’s like it found its victim. My eyes were full of pure dread and horror. I felt an uncomfortable sensation run throughout my body. Sweat trickled down the sides of my face. Something white wrapped in a packet was placed casually over the rival’s shoulder. He approached us…