Wonderful Wednesday!

Good morning Year 3,

I hope you are ready for a new day of learning! This morning we would like you to start the day by reading a book.

For today’s writing challenge I would like you to describe a place/ setting. You could write about a huge pirate ship that is coasting the angry waves or a mysterious, tiny cottage in the middle of an echanted, magical forest. It is up to you, just see where your imagination takes you! The secret to creating a wonderful setting description is using lots of powerful adjectives to paint a picture in your reader’s mind and to use the 5 senses.

Then we are going to get active by having a Just Dance party! My favourite song on Just Dance to dance to is…..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCzgc_RelBA

I am also going to challenge you to create a self portait, but in the style of Andy Warhol. Warhol was known for creating a famous art style called ‘Pop Art’ which is known mostly for it’s use of repeated patterns and bright colours!

We hope you have a fantastic day and remember to keep sending your work to year3@bowkervale.manchester.sch.uk. Myself and Mrs Kershaw love hearing from you and love to see what you’re getting up to!

Miss Smith and Mrk Kershaw