What You Need
- A iron nail (at least 3 inches)
- About 3 feet of thin, copper wire.
- A new 9v battery.
- Some paper clips or small magnetic objects
What To Do
- 1. Get some copper wire and wrap it around the nail without it overlapping
- 2. Then take one end of the wire and place it on the plus side of the battery and then take the other end of the wire and place it on the negative side. The electric current from the battery is then generated and moved through the wire to the nail.
- 3.Take a paperclip or another small, magnetic object and place it near the nail. The object will then get stuck to the nail.
The nail will now be a magnet until the battery runs out of power.